Make this class part of your Sunday and have your discipleship enriched. Don’t miss this awesome opportunity to grow in your faith and understanding.
Pastor Bill’s Winter Sunday Class Schedule
TOUGH FAITH QUESTIONS:
More and more difficult faith questions are proving to be obstacles that are causing many to either not explore Christianity, or wander away. This is especially true for youth and young adults. In these sessions, we face head on, some of these questions with two purposes in mind: (1) Provide a safe and helpful place for all of us to work with difficult faith questions and (2) Give us all some help in responding to our family, friends, and neighbors, when they raise these questions in our conversations.
PB continues our class on Difficult Faith Questions and will wrestle with this often encountered question: “Christians are hypocrites. Many of the Christians I know are not people I want to emulate. I don’t need the church to be a good person and why should give my loyalty to an institution like the church that is so messed up?” Is this a question of yours? How about a friend or family member? We’ll delve into this difficult faith question with compassion and insight. Don’t miss it. It just may provide the piece of the puzzle that has you stuck or give you a word to share with someone else who is getting tripped up over this issue.
March 24: Why should I belong to an institution like the church that is so messed up?
March 31: (This Class will be led by Pastor Jonathan)
Other questions will be addressed in future classes (see below) and as time allows! Have a question you would like addressed? Send PB an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is our belief that justification and salvation is pure gift (Grace Alone) essential?
- Why does Jesus talk about his way being narrow? Addressing the exclusivity and universality of Christianity-isn’t there many ways to God?
- How do we see other religions? How can we work together?
- The “All Christians are hypocrites” issue – how do we respond?
- Our counter-cultural worship – shouldn’t we change with the times?
- Is the Christian faith intolerant or even hateful of people of different life styles?
Here is a link to the prior recorded classes: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHC84xkxadKdjmymqDoJCtKqzLhRrTjIB.