middle summer camp 2018
“we got your back”
we are sooo excited to be in the third year of our annual middle summer camp at lutherhaven on wildcat lake, june 24-28th. this camp is an awesome gem right in our own backyard, and we can’t wait to experience the presence of God in this wilderness setting (as well as some slip and slide dodge ball)!
cost – (payment steps at bottom of this page) – $90 per youth (click here for financial assistance). because we are part owners of the camp, we can offer a full 4 day/night camp for this amazing price. and yes, it IS overnight.
what is it? – summer camp is a 4 day/night camp out for middle schoolers guided by caring leaders. we’ll fill our days with great meals, crazy games, hikes, swimming and boating, and our nights with songs, devos, campfire, and more. you’ll leave inspired, connected, and spent.
what is this place? – lutherhaven is a rustic camp owned by 7 area churches, and is equipped with separate cabins and bathrooms/showers for both boys and girls, lodge with kitchen, basketball and volleyball courts, lake access and swimming area, several kinds of boats, paddleboards, play fields, and wilderness areas.
drop off/pick up – families are responsible for dropping off and picking up their youth. check in will be from 5pm-6:30pm sunday evening, with dinner at 6:30pm. pick up on thursday between 11am and noon.
directions – see map below for general location. once you are on holly road, go past the county park for wildcat lake and GO PAST the lutherhaven sign (this is the picnic and admin side) until you get to wildcat lake road. turn LEFT on wildcat lake road and go about a quarter mile. The camp entrance will be on your left. drive up to the lodge to unload.
- Bible and Pen/Highlighter
- Sleeping Bag or bedding (we’ll be sleeping on cushioned pads in cabins)
- Any medications (camp nurse can assist or hold meds if preferred)
- Rain gear
- Warm clothes and sleepwear
- Appropriate clothes for hiking and play/dirt/etc.
- Appropriate swimwear
- Sturdy shoes/boots for camp/hiking and sandals for waterfront
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Water Bottle
Do not bring your own food unless you need it for diet or medical reasons. Please note that cell phones, game devices, and other electronics are not encouraged and will be collected during most activities, including free time. There will be times for pictures, but leaders will also post and tag photos each day. Like our Facebook page to stay in the loop, or search for #slcmiddle. Neither the camp nor church is liable for lost or stolen items.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT STEPS FOR MIDDLE CAMP
- Complete the below registration form and click “SUBMIT.” This will send the registration form to the church and you will receive a confirmation message.
- AFTER you register, follow the below steps and make a secure form of donation/payment through VANCO payment solutions.
- Click on the [VANCO PAYMENT SOLUTIONS] icon below
- Input the dollar amount for [middle camp]. Cost is $90.
- Scroll to the bottom and select [One Time] under donation frequency.
- Select [Continue] and..
- Follow the onscreen instructions to make a payment for the event.